They need to keep in mind that they walk in honor of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Therefore their behavior must at all times be honorable remembering that Our Lady will be using them as her representatives.
Let the Charity of the Blessed Virgin be their guide. If the good of souls require it, let them not hesitate to stop and teach some catechism, speak some holy words to the on-lookers, explain to the people what they are doing, give scapulars or medals or cards to souls on the way.
Let them not forget that the whole organization and structure of the pilgrimage is at their service so that they may accomplish this charity of Our Lady.
Pilgrim Virgin Walkers should be self-supporting, or have a sponsor, taking care of their own food and personal needs, as well as their own transportation to and from the Pilgrimage.
They may call upon the spiritual director at any time if needs arise. Of course, if they wish, they may consult the SSPX priest of their choice.
If, in the possible event, a chaplain is not available on a Sunday, the TL and the PVWs are dispensed from the attendance of Holy Mass. They should offer their work to Our Lady and know for certain that Our Lord will not hold it against them as sin. After all, all that they are doing is for the glory of God and His Holy Mother.
- They may volunteer to walk for one day (about 15kms)… or for a number of days.
- Although it is recommended that they walk in their respective areas, they may volunteer to walk elsewhere. In that case they will need to coordinate with another C3 or C2.
- There are no financial Hand-outs. All PVW will contribute to the honor of the Blessed Virgin by getting there and back by their own means. (Excepting the inter-island boat trip. This cost is carried by the island from which they leave).
- They will register with C3 who in turn will remind them of their obligation and the exact location where they are to meet the Virgin. They will go to the Pilgrimage and return from their turn by public transport.
- The change of guard will take place between 11am and 2pm (unless they have CLEARLY informed the C3 and TL of some other arrangement).
- They will see to their own lunch box and water and any other personal need.
- A personal cell phone (of which C3 and TL have the numbers) are certainly useful. But let them remember that they are on pilgrimage. Cell phones and gadgets must not be used for worldly entertainments.
- There should be a camera among the walkers so as to assure photos to be sent to C3 etc. Coordinate with Team Leader.
- Let them remember that it is a very dishonorable thing to cancel their volunteered obligation. It leaves everybody with extra work and difficulties. See what the Holy Ghost thinks of such a reversal; read Acts of the Apostles chapter 5:But a certain man named Ananias, with Saphira his wife, sold a piece of land, And by fraud kept back part of the price of the land, his wife being privy thereunto: and bringing a certain part of it, laid it at the feet of the apostles. But Peter said: Ananias, why hath Satan tempted thy heart that thou shouldst lie to the Holy Ghost, and by fraud keep part of the price of the land? Whilst it remained, did it not remain to thee? and after it was sold, was it not in thy power? Why hast thou conceived this thing in thy heart? Thou hast not lied to men, but to God. And Ananias hearing these words, fell down, and gave up the ghost. And there came great fear upon all that heard it.